SIC Immigration


Read All Frequently Asked Questions

  • 1. How Can I come and Study in Canada?

    The first step is to find a Canadian school that you would like to attend and a study program that matches your goals and ambitions. We can help you with that.

  • 2. How can I prolong my stay in Canada after completing my studies?

    After completing your Canadian studies, Canada has provided ways to encourage you stay, gain work experience, or otherwise contribute to Canada's economy and culture. For example, you may be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit. You may also be eligible for permanent immigration through the Canadian Experience Class or the Quebec Experience Class.

  • 3. Can I work while studying?

    Yes, it is possible to work while studying in Canada.

  • 4. My partner's outland spousal sponsorship application is being processed. Can they still work here?

    If your partner is not living in Canada, they are not eligible to apply for a spousal open work permit. However, if they meet the eligibility criteria for a Canadian work permit, they may apply for a regular work permit while their sponsorship application is processed. Be aware that having an ongoing application for permanent residence may affect an application for temporary residence, such as a work permit.

  • 5. How long does it take for a spousal sponsorship application to be processed?

    Spousal sponsorship applications are typically processed within 12 months.

  • 6. Do I need to meet the minimum necessary income to sponsor my spouse?

    Spousal sponsorships do not require the sponsor to meet a low income threshold to be eligible to sponsor their partner, as long as they do not have any dependents with children of their own.

  • 7. I am looking to operate a business in Canada. How do I go about it?

    Your business management and ownership experience may make you eligible for a number of entrepreneur categories within the Provincial Nominee Programs and at the federal level, or for the business immigration programs offered by Quebec.

  • 8. What options do I have to invest in Canada?

    Depending on the amount of funds that you have available to invest in Canada, there may be a number of options available to you. For instance, the Quebec Immigrant Investor program allows individuals to immigrate to Canada by making a government-secured, passive investment. If you are looking for a more active investment, there are a number of Entrepreneur and Provincial Nominee programs available for immigration, which will require you to invest in and operate a business in Canada. You may also wish to explore the Entrepreneur Start-Up Visa Program.

  • 9. I have heard about marriages of convenience. What are they?

    These are marriages or common-law relationships whose sole purpose is to let the sponsored spouse or partner immigrate to Canada. If the visa officer reviewing your file determines that your relationship is a marriage of convenience, your spousal sponsorship application will likely be refused. Marriages of convenience constitute marriage fraud, and may result in criminal charges.

  • 10. Does a job offer mean automatic immigration approval?

    If you have a job offer that meets certain conditions, that offer might help you achieve your Canadian immigration goals. We would be happy to assess your job offer and let you know if it meets the requirements for certain immigration programs.

Call Now